- Recognizing that its goal is to help people and provide assistance at every opportunity;
- Providing preventive, investigative, and enforcement services;
- Increasing citizen satisfaction with public safety and obtaining community cooperation through the Department's training, skills, and efforts; and
- Realizing that the Police Department alone cannot control crime, but must act in concert with the community and the rest of the Criminal Justice System.
- Respect and protect the rights of citizens as determined by the law;
- Treat citizens and their fellow employees courteously and with the same amount of dignity with which they expect to be treated themselves;
- Be examples of honesty and integrity in their professional and personal lives, thereby earning the public trust;
- Perform their duties with the knowledge that protection of the lives and property of all citizens is their primary duty; and
- Comply with the spirit and letter of the Code of Conduct.