2021 Prairie View Election Information
The general election for the City of Prairie View, Texas is scheduled for Saturday, May 1, 2021 for the purpose of electing officers to the following positions:
- Council Position 1 - Currently Vacant
- Council Position 2 - Jonathon Randle (Incumbent)
- Council Position 3 - Nathan Alexander (Incumbent)
- The offices of City Council will appear on this ballot.
- The period for filing an Application for a place on the Ballot for the May, 2021 Election is 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 13 through 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 12, 2021.
- Filings will be accepted during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and there is no filing fee to file.
- Registered voters within the City of Prairie View can vote during Early Voting or on Election Day.
- The City Secretary's Office is responsible for overseeing municipal elections, including serving as a contract administrator for elections services through Waller County.
- The City Secretary's Office will be receiving all required candidate filings (including campaign finance reports), and conducting a drawing for the order in which names will appear on the ballot.
- General Elections are held on the first Saturday of each May.
Bond QAs: Questions & Answers
Certificate for Ordinance